Note: Other release notes can be found here.
What's New in VIPM 2021 (Windows)
VIPM 2021 is a major release for Windows that brings a completely refreshed visual design, and streamlined workflows for finding, installing, and using LabVIEW add-ons. It also adds performance improvements and fixes some bugs. It is recommended that all VIPM users on for Windows upgrade.
Note: VIPM 2021 for Mac and Linux are not yet released. Stay tuned.
Note: You will need an active VIPM Pro subscription in order to activate VIPM 2021 into Pro Edition.
- Support for LabVIEW 2021 - VIPM 2021 adds support for LabVIEW 2021. In order to best support our customers and ensure LabVIEW compatibility, VIPM supports new versions of LabVIEW as they are released. There are many instances where older versions of VIPM do not work well with newer versions of LabVIEW, due to changes in where/how LabVIEW and its files get installed.
- Improved Main UI Layout - We've improved the VIPM Main UI layout to make it more intuitive.
- Improved support for HTTPS - resolves some issues downloading packages from services using HTTPS/SSL connections.
- Various Fixes - fixes to various minor issues reported by users.
- Packages built with VIPM 2021 can only be installed on VIPM 2017 or newer. Packages built with VIPM 2021 cannot be installed on versions of VIPM 2016 or older. Details.
- 13790: VI Package Builder - This issue affects package building of classes. The issue appears to be isolated to VIPM. It's possible to build a package where members of a friend class cannot access members of a community scoped class. This occurs if you set a password on the community scoped class in the VIPM source files settings page.