What's New in VIPM 2010.0.1
VIPM 2010.0.1 is bugfix release that builds upon VIPM 2010 and adds a couple very minor improvements. All VIPM 2010 users should upgrade.
Download VIPM 2010.0.1 here: http://jki.net/vipm/download
If upgrading from a previous version of VIPM, the VIPM 2010.0.1 installer will automatically detect and ugprade your existing VIPM installation.
New and Changed Features
- VI Package Build Number starts at 1, whereas it used to start at 0. For example, now the first package built will be version "188.8.131.52".
- The Tree Control showing VI Package Source Files (in the Source File Settings page of the VI Package Builder) now has "Expand All" and "Collapse All" buttons to make it easier to expand and collapse the tree control.
- 9663: New packages dialog should only show installed packages
After a check for package updates, VIPM now only asks if you want to install upgrades for packages already installed.
- 9811: New packages Available dialog should only display for installed packages.
The New Packages Available dialog shown after a Check Network for Package Updates now only shows new versions of packages that are already installed.
- 9390: Add expand\collapse to source files settings.
Added an "Expand All" and "Collapse All" buttons below the Source File Settings tree view to expand and collapse all items in the tree.
- 9630: Offline packages cannot be installed when not online.
Fixed issue where packages that have been downloaded from a repository cannot be installed when not connected to the Internet.
- 9665: VIPM shows errors when installing a package with read-only files inside
Improved VIPM's handling of packages containing read-only files.
- 9677: Select All after VIPM launch does not enable Install button
Select All now works right after launching VIPM (as it should).
- 9719: VIPB should warn about lowest LabVIEW version supported
VIPM now warns users that it can only build packages in LabVIEW 8.2 or greater, when the user tries to select an older LabVIEW version.
- 9241: V1.0.0 Package shows as newer than 184.108.40.206 package
VIPM now correctly shows 1.0.0 (which is implicitly 220.127.116.11) as older than 18.104.22.168.
- 9810: Package Builder Window Usability issue when no LabVIEW Version is selected
The VI Package Builder now picks a LabVIEW version instead of ?? on first launch.
- 9898: RT VIs (under "examples\RT" or "targets\NI\RT") should not be mass compiled
VIs installed under "examples\RT" or "targets\NI\RT" are no longer mass compiled (ever) after a package install.
- 9738: Can't build package with XControl instance on example VI
Improved handling of building packages containing XControls.
- 7175: Package menu items not enabled in some situations
Fixed issue where the "Package" menu items were not properly enabled in some situations, like after selecting all (CTRL+A).
- 7909: Semicolon in "View>>Show:" menu should be removed
Semicolon in "View>>Show:" VIPM menu item was removed
- 9569: Need confirmation dialog after pressing Remove Dependency button
There is now a confirmation dialog when removing Package Dependencies in the VI Package build settings.
- 9570: <Delete> key should be same as Remove/Delete Dependency button
The <Delete> key now works for deleting Package Dependencies in the VI Package build settings.
- 9619: RegisterAddon.exe should not run for LV 2009 or less packages.
VIPM no longer attempts to register addons (that have Licensing and Activation support) with LabVIEW 2009 or older, since only LabVIEW 2010 or greater support this feature.
- 9622: Add check if trying to build a package with no source files.
Improved the error dialog shown to users when they try to build a package containing no source files.
Release Date: October 31, 2010
Please sign in to leave a comment.