Note: Other release notes can be found here.
What's New in VIPM 2018
VIPM 2018 is a major release for for Windows that adds performance improvements and fixes some bugs. It is recommended that all VIPM users on for Windows upgrade.
Note: You will need an active VIPM Pro subscription in order activate VIPM 2018 into Pro Edition.
- Support for LabVIEW 2018 - VIPM 2018 adds support for LabVIEW 2018. In order to best support our customers and ensure LabVIEW compatibility, VIPM supports new versions of LabVIEW as they are released. There are many instances where older versions of VIPM do not work well with newer versions of LabVIEW, due to changes in where/how LabVIEW and its files get installed.
- Improved Malleable VI Support - improvements to building and installing packages that use and call Malleable VIs (*.vim files).
- Installer Improvements - using new code signing certificate uses signature timestamp for better installation experience.
- Performance improvements - minor improvements to performance of package installation and user experience.
- Various Minor Fixes - fixes to various minor issues reported by users.
- Packages built with VIPM 2018 can only be installed on VIPM 2017 or newer. Package built with VIPM 2018 cannot be installed on versions of VIPM 2016 or older. Details.
- 13790: VI Package Builder - This issue affects package building of classes. The issue appears to be isolated to VIPM. It's possible to build a package where members of a friend class cannot access members of a community scoped class. This occurs if you set a password on the community scoped class in the VIPM source files settings page.