What's New in VIPM 2020.2
VIPM 2020.2 is a Maintenance Release with bug fixes -- see VIPM 2020.1 release notes.
It is recommended that all VIPM 2020 users upgrade.
Improvements in this Release
- Windows Installer Improvements
- 18805 - Error dialog when installing VI Package Manager 2020.1 runtime engine prerequisites. Sometimes when installing VIPM it would show an error dialog stating that the VIPM Runtime Engine prerequisite installation produced an error, however, the installation is typically successful and there are no issues. This has been resolved after upgrading the VIPM Runtime Engine installer from LabVIEW 2019 to the new LabVIEW 2019 SP1 f3 runtime engine.
- VIPM now runs on the LabVIEW 2019 SP1 f3 Runtime Engine
- As part of our continuous improvement process VIPM has been upgraded from using the LabVIEW 2019 Runtime Engine to the new LabVIEW 2019 SP1 f3 Runtime Engine.
- Improvements to Using VIPM with System Packages on Systems with no LabVIEW installed
- 18806 - Sometimes, on systems with no LabVIEW installed, it was not possible to select the "System" target for installing system packages. This has been fixed.
- VI Package Builder Improvements
- 18672 - VI Package Builder would hang for a while after building packages and memory usage would increase while the VI Package Builder was open. This has been resolved.
- Stability Improvements
- 18807 - Sometimes VIPM would not respond when trying to launch from Windows desktop or Start Menu. Also, when exiting VIPM the process (VI Package Manager.exe) would stay in memory and not completely shut down. This has been resolved.
- Post Package Ideas and Feedback
- New Post/Discuss buttons link to package page on vipm.io for posting ideas, feedback, and other resources related to the package.
Minor Patch Builds
- Minor fix to cosmetic issue where LabVIEW Target Selector could sometimes shown the System Target icon with a LabVIEW version number.
- 18813 - Package "Refresh" button was not visible in minimum allowed width for VIPM Main. Fixed this by changing min width of VIPM Main UI to always show refresh button.
- 18672- More improvements to VI Package Builder. Reduced memory usage and sped up closing/exiting VIPB.