Note: Other release notes can be found here.
What's New in VIPM 2022 (Windows)
VIPM 2022 is a major release for Windows that brings important fixes, performance improvements, and support for LabVIEW 2022; as well some under-the-hood work to make some of our roadmap items possible. It is recommended that all VIPM users on for Windows upgrade.
Note: VIPM 2022 for Mac and Linux are not yet released. Stay tuned.
Note: You will need an active VIPM Pro subscription in order to activate VIPM 2022 into Pro Edition.
- Support for LabVIEW 2022 - VIPM 2022 adds support for LabVIEW 20212 In order to best support our customers and ensure LabVIEW compatibility, VIPM supports new versions of LabVIEW as they are released. There are many instances where older versions of VIPM do not work well with newer versions of LabVIEW, due to changes in where/how LabVIEW and its files get installed.
- Packed Project Library (PPL) Packaging Improvements - Improved ability of VI Package builder to build packages that contain PPLs and/or VIs that call PPLs.
- Various Fixes - fixes to various minor issues reported by users.
Roadmap (Work in Progress)
The following items are in progress. Event though they are not ready yet, we want to let you know we're working hard behind the scenes to make these possible. Stay tuned.
- Mac and Linux Support - Improvements have been made under the hood of VIPM to better support Mac and Linux in the future. While this is not ready for release, it's worth mentioning the work that's been done on this front.
- Command Line Interface (CLI) - Under-the-hood improvements to make for a better command-line interface to VIPM.
- Docker Support - Testing and work to make running VIPM possible inside a docker container.
- Packages built with VIPM 2022 can only be installed on VIPM 2017 or newer. Packages built with VIPM 2022 cannot be installed on versions of VIPM 2016 or older. Details.
- 13790: VI Package Builder - This issue affects package building of classes. The issue appears to be isolated to VIPM. It's possible to build a package where members of a friend class cannot access members of a community scoped class. This occurs if you set a password on the community scoped class in the VIPM source files settings page.